Radical Restoration Retreat in Costa Rica
12th Magnificent Year!
(2019 dates coming soon)
- 8 days of yoga and meditation each morning for 2 1/2 hours in the midst of exotic flowers, colourful wildlife, the azure blue ocean, and like-minded yoginis.
- A 1/2 hour guided meditation practice each evening following the themes of restoring energy, beauty and vibrancy.
- Exquisitely prepared, delicious and healthy gourmet meals (full breakfast and dinner) enjoyed in a glorious outdoor dining hall directly in front of the blue ocean.
- Your room for 8 nights: A luxuriously rustic, pristine wood-floor cabin with an awesome view of the ocean. (*Private cabins include a large wooden deck and your choice of a king bed or 2 single beds with adjoining private shower/bathroom amidst fragrant coconut and mango groves in a garden with hammocks and a view of the ocean. Beach-front bungalows are available for an extra fee.)
Yoga/meditation Class Description:
Our class begins with a flowing series of unique and powerful yoga postures to warm-up followed by a Kundalini yoga set for deep restoration, beauty and vitality, that includes transformative breath techniques and meditations designed to give you a strong, flexible body, and brilliant mind, enhancing youth and energy. These ancient practices have many benefits including: relieving depression and anxiety, balancing weight, increasing vitality, strength, and flexibility, restoring youthfulness, and improving crucial organ function - specifically heart health. Spiritually, the techniques cause a deepening of compassion, both for the self and others, a feeling of connectedness, a deeper understanding of how to 'let go and let be', enhanced intuition and decision-making, along with improved energy to fulfill your destiny.
Retreat Reservation Information:
- Contact Mary Paterson to request a spot on retreat
- Yoga/meditation portion of retreat for 8 days: $595 Can. + HST ($200 deposit is required to hold reservation)
- Ylang Ylang Beach Resort fee (for 8 nights - includes breakfast and dinner each day): double occupancy in basic room = $90 U.S. + 13% tax per person per night. (Ocean-side bungalows and single occupancy available for an extra fee.)
- International flight to San Jose (SJO) and ground transportation fees not included. Please email me for specific details)
- Resort Information
- Mary Paterson Biography
- Photos of past Yoga Retreats
"Thank you deeply, Mary. The retreat, sharing time together, your guidance and new acquaintance has been life altering for me. The ripples of impact will continue for some time and I will most certainly continue my spiritual learning and practice. I am excited to continue in my growth. I have become curious again, in new ways. I am figuring out what's next to stay true to me!"
~ Anna Duva, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"Mary Paterson's 2015 retreat in Costa Rica was deeply wonderful in every sense. Mary's teaching is full of wonders: open, challenging, and healing, with a place for students from every level and background. Her teaching is built from years of deep experience in kundalini and vinyasa yoga, professional dance, chanting in many traditions, and buddhist meditation. Every student seemed to find just what they needed; physically, mentally, and spiritually, and the atmosphere was open and fun-loving, with plenty of time for relaxation and adventure built into every day. Ylang Ylang Resort, where the retreat took place, is one of the most special places on Earth, combining natural beauty with environmentally and ethically conscious ownership--plus, the food is amazing! I returned transformed and eager to return to my city life and practice, buoyed by new tools and a renewed sense of joy in my own practice and being."
~ Ellen Scordato, New York, New York, USA
"I attended an incredible yoga retreat that Mary led in Costa Rica. She created a deeply nourishing 9 days set in one of the most exquisite places I’ve been to. The days were perfectly paced, and offered everything I needed - energetic yet mindful yoga classes, soulful meditations, and time to relax as well as play and explore. I felt as though I could truly exhale and was restored in the process. I came away with new friends and inspiration to continue and sustain my daily practices at home. I truly loved every minute of it and would certainly join her again."
~ Ainslie Cyopik, Vancouver, B.C., Canada
"Being on a yoga retreat with Mary is a life altering experience. She competently and powerfully guides you through your yoga practice every morning and leads beautiful meditations in the evening. I have been on 4 retreats with this wonderful teacher and each time I have been able to work deeper, relax faster and trust that all logistical details are taken care of (and many spiritual ones as well). Every retreat has had a profoundly positive and long lasting effect on my life, and I continue to build on the work I have done while away enjoying sun, sand and surf yoga, delicious food and great people. I am an ever-grateful participant. Thank you Mary!"
~ Alison Robinette, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Here's my turtle-hatching video from the turtle hatchery and a fisherman at dawn directly in front of the resort.